Help us defeat brain cancer.
Whether you host a party, sizzle a sausage or come up with a unique fundraising idea, giving back is just as rewarding as it is fun!
Having a great fundraising concept can make all the difference to how much money you raise.
We've put together some ideas to help you create your own unique event or if you already know what you want to do then simply click the get started button below to build your own fundraising page.
Testing yourself and facing a challenge is a great way to raise funds. Just be sure to leave enough time to prepare and promote your effort. There is a challenge for everyone - keep it simple or take it to the extreme!
- Read books, swim, walk or climb
- Give up something you love
- Do a spin bike challenge or take the Everesting challenge https://everesting.cc/
- Break a Guinness world record!
Host an event
Everyone loves a good party, so why not combine fundraising with a good time! Whether it’s a cocktail party or barbeque, girls’ night in or bowling event, trivia night or any other type of fun time, it doesn’t matter. Simply ask everyone to make a donation to attend and use their receipt as the ticket!
Silent auctions and raffles are a great addition, but please ensure you follow any government legislations. These differ from state to state.
Once you’re organised, create your online fundraising page and start inviting friends!
Tap your colleagues and get them to help raise funds. Every workplace is different so check your company's onboard, then get your workmates to join in and spread the word. Here's a few ideas to get you started.
- Casual days – donate to wear plain/fancy clothes for the day
- Set up a breakfast or morning tea stall
- Cakes for donations - take orders for your cakes or slices and deliver them freshly baked at work.
- Ask your colleagues to go green and walk or cycle to work then donate what they saved on transport
- Donate a day’s wages
- Ask your company to match any funds raised
There are lots of options once you've got the support of your school.
- Sausage sizzle at sports events
- Car wash
- Crazy hat day
- Sports challenge – swimathon, fun run, school walkathon
- Casual clothes day
- Roshambo tournament – rock, paper, scissors
- Skipping competition
- Sell a product – from cookies and candles there's lots of fundraising merchandise available.
Good tip: Use your fundraising page to collect donations so you don’t have to handle cash.
Donations in lieu
For many of us there comes a time when we pretty much have everything we need, so instead of friends and family wasting money on trivial gifts, why not ask them to make a donation in lieu of that Christmas, birthday or wedding present?
Simply set up your fundraising page and share the link with your message. Make your fundraising page personal with photos of yourself and what supporting brain cancer research means to you.