Terms & Conditions
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE FOR GROUPS AND INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE UNDERTAKING FUNDRAISING ACTIVITIES (THE FUNDRAISER) THAT BENEFIT BRAIN CANCER COLLECTIVE (BCC).
Please read and accept these terms and conditions (guidelines) before planning and undertaking your fundraising activity in support of BCC. These guidelines form the basis of all dealings between BCC and the Fundraiser in relation to the fundraising activity or event.
- The activity or event is the sole responsibility of the Fundraiser and will be conducted by the Fundraiser, with the receipt of donations or funds for BCC received and facilitated via the BCC fundraising website. BCC is not responsible or in any way liable for any costs, loss, or damages incurred or caused directly or indirectly arising as a result of the activity or fundraising event. By undertaking a Fundraising activity or event, the Fundraiser will indemnify and hold harmless BCC against any liability arising whether in contract, tort or otherwise arising as a result of the activity or event.
- BCC is unable to help with any coordination in these activities and does not become involved in soliciting prizes, organising publicity or media, providing goods or services to assist the Fundraiser in the running of the activity/event.
- All fundraising activities must comply with all relevant Australian Federal and State Laws. Each state and territory have different fundraising regulations and it is your responsibility to ensure you meet any obligations outlined in these regulations, including organisational permits, licences, insurance or authorities to fundraise where necessary, particularly for raffles and competitions. For more information please visit: acnc.gov.au
- BCC will review your activity or event once lodged on our fundraising website and reserves the right to cancel any activity or event not consistent with these Terms and Conditions or deemed deemed inappropriate by BCC.
- BCC may give you permission to use an ‘in support of’ logo on promotional material; however BCC reserves the right to approve all material before use.
- All funds raised must be submitted through the BCC fundraising website.
- BCC does not pay expenses incurred by you. BCC is unable to reimburse activity or event expenses from funds deposited via our online fundraising platform.
- BCC will issue official receipts for all donations received via the fundraising website. Tax-deductible receipts can only be issued to people donating money of $2 or more. For a gift to be tax deductible donors must not receive anything in return. Gifts that are not tax deductible include raffle tickets, entry to events, auctions, and the purchase of goods.
- Fun and catchy names are great but please ensure they are not insensitive or offensive. We reserve the right to review the suitability of your event name.
- As these fundraising activities are associated with the BCC brand it is imperative that they are sensitive to our code of conduct and ethics. BCC reserves the right to not approve any activity/event that is not in line with our codes. These include but are not limited to any event that:
- promotes smoking and tobacco
- promotes fundraising via the sale of alcohol direct to the public
- promotes/exhibits any nudity, semi-nudity or sexual imagery
- promotes/exhibits any discriminatory behaviour
- promotes violence in any form
- promotes cruelty to animals
- results in a potential negative impact on the environment
- involves a high or unacceptable level of personal or public risk
- is otherwise inappropriate as determined by BCC in its absolute discretion